SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager – Engineer, Generalist
Job ID: 21323
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Key Objectives of the Role
- Lead Maintenance, Facilities and Engineering functions specifically with loss ranking & prioritization as well as loss reduction processes and tools
- Planning and execution of site Engineering projects
- Implementation of the Engineering work process and Management of Change process in the implementation of projects
- Lead the Planned Maintenance, supports department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Deliver capability development in Lean according to approved glide path
- Clearly communicate goals and objectives of the site lean program and loss reduction plans
- Drive the use of Lean tools for loss reduction
- Lead and support the Planned Maintenance pillar to reduce downtime losses affecting equipment availability.
- Ensure all SHE-critical equipment is maintained to global S. C. Johnson standards and further meet local regulations- responsible to assure site compliance
- Drive lean savings projects
- Be a Safety champion. The individual is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others within the work environment. The individual must follow and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and is duty bound to stop unsafe acts and report unsafe practices
- Supports adherence to safety policies and regulations to ensure that all tasks are performed in a safe manner. Execution of Maintenance and Engineering action plans to ensure the Lagos site to be effective in its SHE programs
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with Global Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Supports, investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, DTV, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- May perform any other tasks/duties within his/her ability/capability as assigned by management through its agents/officers
- Deploy metrics to track savings, monitor use of PM & EM tools and track effectiveness to drive continuous improvement.
Education & Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor of Engineering Degree with 6 – 10 years of maintenance and engineering experience (production, project, process, site, facilities) and project management at a manufacturing facility.
- Lean or TPM experience in an FMCG environment
- Exposure to high risk operations such as plants operating and handling flammable & combustible materials in FMCG
- Experience with MS Project is an added advantage
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD or equivalent
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online