SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Operations Cost Accountant
Job ID: 21303
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The role is part of SC Johnson’s global Manufacturing Finance support organization.
- This position is responsible for P&L budgeting, forecasting of plant expenses and related absorption and capacity analysis.
- Perform thorough diagnostics and monitoring to assist Cairo site in determining where to apply resources, as well as identifying opportunities to eliminate all forms of waste.
- The role will have strong interfaces with the regional EMEA Manufacturing leadership team based across multiple locations in the EMEA Region, the regional Costing Team based in Italy, as well as the European headquarter based in Switzerland.
- At the same time, the position will ensure continuity in financial reporting in strong collaboration with SC Johnson’s EMEA Shared Services Center based in the UK.
- University Degree in Economics, Finance or Business Management with minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience.
- Education: required Bachelor’s Degree Proficiency in the use of computer system
- 7-10 years experience in FMCG
- Prior business support experience is essential.
- Prior experience in a mass-market production focussed manufacturing facility is a plus, though not essentially required.
- Excellent accountancy understanding, ideally incl. previous exposure to US GAAP.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to be involved in financial details, yet able to take a broader view of business issues.
- Ability to think strategically and drive the right actions for the longer-term benefit of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel + Powerpoint required; MS Access, SAP R/3, SAP BPC are an additional benefit.
- Self-motivated “can do” attitude, showing a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent team player – collaborative work style.
- Sense of urgency: Ability to deliver against deadlines in the context of multiple priorities.
- Strong commitment and high level of integrity.
- Good knowledge, of manufacturing accounting practice.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online