Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Partner – Fintech, People and Culture
Job Type: Full-Time
Operationalize the human capital strategy to enable the Fintech Business unit strategy.
- Translate the group and Fintech Business line’s people strategy into operational plans for execution at Fintech Business unit level. Ensure that all key decision makers in the Fintech Business unit understand the links and how the people strategy will enable their Fintech Business unit.
- Identify which of the standard people dashboards are most pertinent to the supported Fintech Business unit. Highlight key metrics to the Fintech Business executives. Help them understand what the metrics mean for their Fintech Business. Provide input into the central Fintech Business intelligence team if there are new needs from Fintech Business.
- Define the people change approach for change started in the Fintech Business or in Human Capital. Ensure that Fintech Business Partners are equipped with the right skills and tools to support the Fintech Business through the changes. Recommend Fintech Business on the level of employee and union consultation needed for key changes.
Engage with the Fintech Business unit leadership to ensure that the Fintech Business is appropriately resourced:
- Find where Fintech Business delivery is affected due to poor structures, resource or capability gaps. Work with the individual executives to make changes to their organization structures to enable better service delivery or improved commercial performance.
- Review the job architecture for the Fintech Business area at least on an annual basis to decide if there has been creep in the number or grades of jobs, inconsistencies in job title conventions and look for improvements and standardization opportunities. Work with job family owners to adjust.
- Drive the analysis of the skills gap in the Fintech Business unit by engaging with learning specialists and supplying a forward-looking view of the Fintech Business requirements. Find the training and other development opportunities already available in the bank. In partnership with line managers and Learning and Development, develop specific interventions to address Fintech Business needs where existing programs do not meet the requirements.
Advise middle and senior managers on employee engagement, performance management, talent and reward best practices:
- Drive the process of goal setting in the Fintech Business unit in line with Fintech Business unit aims. Coach senior managers on the process and quality aspects of goal setting.
- Coordinate and preside over performance moderation exercises at a senior leadership level of the Fintech Business. Recommend line on the appropriate performance distribution given their Fintech Business unit performance.
- Track all employees on performance improvement plans and check the impact of the process. Ensure that all governance requirements are met.
- Drive the talent identification, potential assessment, talent review and development planning in the Fintech Business unit. Ensure Fintech Business executive participation in development interventions and mentoring. Work with learning and development to find the most effective development relative to individual needs of identified talent.
- Engage with Fintech Business executives across the assigned Fintech Business unit to explain the reward framework and how it supports their Fintech Business objectives. Drive the Fintech Business unit budget setting for staff cost and training by supplying expertise on expected salary increases changes in the composition of the workforce and skills gaps that may surface because of new strategic focus areas in the Fintech Business.
- Drive the allocation of the Fintech Business unit bonus and increase pots. Sense check allocations of bonuses and increases across the Fintech Business function and engage with Fintech Business executives where changes are needed. Facilitate, challenge and support grievance processes in this regard.
Lead a Human Capital Fintech Business Partnering Team:
- Develop a high performing team by embedding the bank’s performance process, regular performance feedback and coaching. Address deficient performance. Motivate team members and ensure that they receive recognition for work well done.
- Decide development needs of the team and ensure that development opportunities (training, rotation, on-the-job learning) are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including deciding the proper salary with input from the Human Capital Fintech Business Partner for Human Capital.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the Fintech Business strategy and translate it into team deliverables.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that are in place for the area are understood by all members of the team.
- Ensure that the teams understand the compliance requirements in the function. Create actions to address gaps. Monitor compliance training attendance monthly and ensure that teams understand the importance of completing it.
- Ensure that the department has trained and adequate numbers of health and safety representatives.
- Log Risk Incidents because of operational errors or fraud in the department. Participate in formal investigations. Ensure that all events are properly analyzed and closed out.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Organizational Development, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- Post graduate qualification and/or Professional qualification in Human Resource Management, Social Science/Studies, or Organizational Development are added Advantages.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate HR partnering experience in Fintech industry. 4 – 6 of these specifically in the Human Capital Business Partnering and 3 – 4 in managing senior teams.
The Individuals we are looking for must have the listed competencies:
- Empowering Individuals: This competency emphasizes the empowerment of others, which includes encouraging others, motivating as well as inspiring them.
- Embracing Change: in the context of organizations is concerned with the extent to which individuals accept challenges and change as well as the extent to which individuals cope well with uncertainty.
- Directing People: This competency emphasizes the “leading” or “giving direction” part of leadership.
- Resolving Conflict: This competency is about effectively dealing with disagreements and conflict in the workplace.
- Showing Composure: This is about the extent to which individuals can remain calm under pressure and keep poise before and during important events.
The Individuals we are looking for must have the listed competencies:
- Fintech Business Acumen: The ability to analyze Fintech Business financial performance as well as competitor and external factors as it would apply to the people practice in the organization.
- Workforce Planning: Knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices related to deciding workload projections and current and future competency gaps.
- Human Resource Consulting: The ability to engage with leadership, managers and employees using a consultative and engaging approach while balancing the needs of the employee with that of the employer.
- Managerial Budgeting: The ability to plan the work unit budget and manage income and expenditure, through responsible implementation of policies, practices and decisions.
- Talent Management: Knowledge and practical skills in the identification of talented individuals, assessment of potential, creation of develop plans and developing retention and engagement activities for these individuals.
- Organization Planning and Design: The ability to design organizational structures using Levels of Work, Fintech Business processes and organizational strategic aims.
- Change Management: The ability to ensure that isolated and independent organizational change actions are integrated and sustained through a disciplined change process. Ability to apply change management principles and techniques for planning and implementing change in an organization.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.